* When I am tempted, give me grace to turn my eyes to my saviour Jesus
* When I find myself in despair, give me grace to turn my eyes to Jesus and find hope.
* When I am heard hearted fill me with your generosity
* When I am unforgiving fill me with your mercy
* When I encounter injustice make me a channel of…
Heavenly Father, may my goal today and every day be to love.
May my desires be pure,
May my thoughts be for good, particularly for the good of others
May I be faithful in my actions, arising from the faithfulness of Jesus.
What I pray for myself I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ.
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to…more
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please help us to understand what you are saying in and around what Paul said to Timothy
We know that the law is good if one uses it lawfullymore
We also know that the law is not laid down for a righteous person
but for those who are lawless and do not submit to rules
those who don’t respect what is holy and who miss the mark
those who don’t have reverence for and trample over what is holy
those who beat their fathers and mothers…
Heavenly Father, when I am messing up my life and the lives of others
help me to learn what I am currently ignorant about, so that I may not act in ignorance
help me to trust what I currently don’t trust, so that I may not act from unbelief.
hen I see others who are messing up their lives and the lives of others
give me grace to see how they are acting from ignorance and unbelief
so that I may be a channel of the grace, faith and love that are in Christ…
(My experience of forgiveness is that the bigger the sin, the more difficult it is to forgive. God’s experience seems to be different)
Prayer: Heavenly Father, give me grace to be patient with others, showing them mercy, so that they may have life in all its fullness.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 …more
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.more
Heavenly Father help me to hold on to, and not reject, the faith that you are indeed eternal and the only God, and let it be reflected in the way in which I live today, so that at the end of today day my conscience may be clear (and that I may not have contributed to my life being a shipwreck).
Protect me and others, Heavenly…
Heavenly Father, open my eyes to all those around me today, particularly those in authoritymore
* give me grace to have good desires for myself, and to bring these petitions to you
* give me grace to think about others in a prayerful way
* give me grace to have good desires for others, and to bring these intercessions to you
* give me grace to see the good in others…
* give me grace to put what I believe about generosity and kindness into practice, so that I will clothed with good deeds.
* give me grace to avoid the pitfalls of giving too much importance to anything which is not of eternal significance
* and help me to discern the ways in which cultural pressures can harm me.
9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning…more
(In the light of Paul’s instruction in chapter 6 for slaves to show full respect for their masters)more
* give me grace to discern how you are calling me to behave in a culture that is different to 2000 years ago.
* give me grace to learn
* give me grace to be quiet when I need to be quiet
* give me grace to discern when I am being deceived
* thank you for the childbearing that brought Jesus into the world through whom I am saved.…
Heavenly Father, give me gracemore
* to be faithful in my family relationships, not neglecting what is my responsibility
* to be hospitable and generous in my relationships with those outside my family
* to be trustworthy, avoiding both the love of money and the desire for dishonest gain
* to be self controlled in regard to the pleasures of life
* to be gentle, avoiding all forms of violence
* to have a clear conscience, particularly with regard to what I…
Daily Bible Verses by Book
These bible verses are emailed to members of the church who have signed up to receive them every day. Contact Nic for more information.